Fall 2016 Edition of Dental Dateline Available Online
1 year ago
NOTICE: As the Berkshire Hathaway transaction has progressed, timelines and other details have been updated. Though accurate at the time of publication, this post no longer contains the most current information. Please click here for an update.
The Fall 2016 edition of Dental Dateline – the newsletter for MLMIC-insured dentists – has been published online. This latest edition, available here, will also be mailed to policyholders. It includes the following:
- a cover story about NYSDA’s Professional Liability Claims Review Committees and their role regarding determination of defense or settlement in cases;
- a Q&A about the definitive agreement between MLMIC and Berkshire Hathaway;
- a look at consent issues when treating patients with developmental disabilities;
- a case study about a mandibulectomy as a result of inadequate knowledge of a patient’s complex medical history;
- recommendations for dentists regarding the loss of medical records due to weather events or other catastrophes; and
- risk management tips for following up on referrals.
You can access the full issue here.