Fall 2016 Edition of Dental Dateline Available Online
October 31, 2016 7:13 am
The Fall 2016 edition of Dental Dateline – the newsletter for MLMIC-insured dentists – has been published online. This latest edition, available here, will also be mailed to policyholders. It includes the following:
- a cover story about NYSDA’s Professional Liability Claims Review Committees and their role regarding determination of defense or settlement in cases;
- a Q&A about the definitive agreement between MLMIC and Berkshire Hathaway;
- a look at consent issues when treating patients with developmental disabilities;
- a case study about a mandibulectomy as a result of inadequate knowledge of a patient’s complex medical history;
- recommendations for dentists regarding the loss of medical records due to weather events or other catastrophes; and
- risk management tips for following up on referrals.
You can access the full issue here.