Social media has been an integral part of everyday life, especially in healthcare. Using social media enables healthcare providers to better market their professional services and share important medical information with current and prospective patients. However, there are many risks associated with its use including advertising, breach of patient confidentiality, inappropriate use, distraction in the workplace and negative online posts and reviews by patients.
Join MLMIC and MagnaCare on March 30, 2023 for an exciting virtual presentation entitled “Managing Your Social Media Presence.” We will review the unique benefits and risks of social media use in healthcare and address associated liability issues and offer strategies to minimize risks. At the end of this presentation attendees should be able to:
- understand the current use of social media in healthcare;
- analyze the positive and negative aspects of social media;
- describe the appropriate use of social media in marketing;
- formulate approaches to address negative patient reviews posted online; and
- select strategies to develop and monitor social media policies.
Register for the webinar here.
MLMIC Insurance Company (MLMIC) is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) to provide CME for physicians.
MLMIC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.