On December 16 at 3 p.m., MLMIC and HANYS will host Practicing in a Pandemic – Addressing Liability Issues and Maintaining a Safe Environment of Care, a webinar on navigating the unprecedented operational and clinical challenges caused by COVID-19. As we enter the second wave of the pandemic, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and physician office practices should be aware of the liability risks associated with COVID-19 infections and strategies for protecting yourself and your organization.
Presented by Joyce McCormack, a MLMIC Risk Management Consultant, and Brian Felton, Esq., of Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP, this hour-long webinar will provide insight into mitigating pandemic-related liability risks and prepare participants to do the following:
- identify the types of allegations anticipated from the pandemic;
- discuss the use of telehealth and the potential for arising liability claims;
- address liability risks associated with infections occurring in the healthcare setting;
- understand the current legal updates associated with COVID-19; and
- implement risk management strategies to maintain a safe care environment.
Policyholders can sign up via the webinar registration form.