Call (800) ASK-MLMIC or arrange a future call at a time convenient for you.
- When do I have to complete the Proactive Risk Management Program to remain eligible for participation in the free (Section 18) Excess Medical Malpractice Insurance Program? What if I only need to complete the course for premium credit?
If you are taking the online course to maintain your eligibility for the excess insurance program (Section 18 professional liability coverage), please contact your carrier to determine their terms of eligibility for coverage. If you are taking the online course for premium credit only, you must complete the program by August 31, 2019. If the program is completed after this date, the premium credit will not be applied until July 1, 2020.
- I am a MLMIC policyholder and I can’t locate my username or password. What should I do?
MLMIC policyholders who are unable to locate their login information should click here to retrieve their login information.
- I am a registrant who is not a MLMIC policyholder and I can’t locate my username or password. What should I do?
Your login information was provided to you in a confirmation e-mail, which was sent to you following your course registration. If you cannot locate the e-mail, please contact MLMIC's Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, or click here to contact us electronically.
- Can I share my username or password with someone else who wants to complete MLMIC’s online risk management program?
No. Each participant must use his/her own username and password in order to log in, access, and complete the program. Once a participant completes a course, it cannot be repeated using the same login information.
- How much time do I have to complete the online program?
Once you begin the online program, you will have a maximum of 60 days to complete it. However, please check the required completion date for the course, which may precede the 60-day time limit.
- What if my 60-day time limit has expired and I still need to complete the program?
Please contact MLMIC's Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, or click here to contact us electronically.
- Will I get a course certificate for completing the online program?
Yes. When you complete the course, you will be able to print a certificate right from your computer. If you are unable to print your certificate, please call MLMIC's Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, or click here to contact us electronically.
- How many hours does it take to complete an online program?
The Proactive Basic Risk Management Program, which includes the video modules, the home study project, and the self-review survey, will take approximately 8 hours to complete. The Proactive Follow-Up Program VI, which also includes the video modules, the home study project, and the self-review survey, will take approximately 6 hours to complete.
- Do I have to complete the program in one sitting?
No. There are various points in the program where you can log out and continue the course at another time, without losing any of your course work. You can also take 10-minute breaks during the course, without having to log out of the program.
- Can I work on the program at any time of the day?
Yes. The course is available at any time of the day, as long as your 60-day time limit has not expired.
- Can I work on the program at different locations, using different computers? If so, will I have to repeat portions of the program that I have already completed?
Your course status information is maintained here in our database at MLMIC, so it does not matter which computer(s) you complete the program on as long as it meets the System Requirements for the program. You will not have to repeat any portions of the program that you have already completed.
- I lost my module data when the 10-minute counter timed out. Is there any way around the 10-minute counter?
No. If the program is running and your computer is inactive for longer than 10 minutes, the program will automatically time out. If the program "times out" in the middle of a module or session, you will need to repeat that module or section in its entirety. It is important that you pay attention to the 10-minute counter in the upper right hand corner of the screen, whenever you take a break during a program module or session. If the program times out at a completion point, for example, at a module completion screen, you will not lose any of your data.
- If I answered all of the module pre-test questions correctly, why do I have to view the video?
New York State Insurance Department Regulation 124 sets certain standards for the risk management program. These standards include requirements for the length of the course and the topics that must be covered. Therefore, each participant must complete the course in its entirety.
- Can I fast forward through the module video if I feel that I don’t need to review a particular topic?
You must watch the video for every module. You can fast forward through a video using the fast forward button, once you have already viewed it. For example, if you rewind the video to watch a segment again, you can then fast forward through that section of the module. Once you have completed a module, you can watch the video again by accessing it through the current offerings screen on your Account Profile page. You will then be able to fast forward through the video.
- Who do I contact in the event I have a question not answered in this FAQ section?
If your question does not appear here, please call MLMIC's Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, or click here to contact us electronically.
- Does my computer meet the minimum system requirements to run this online program?
To determine if your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run this online program, please use the “Proactive Risk Management Program System Test” located at the bottom of the Current Offerings page. To view this page, please log in to your account.
- Which Internet browsers will run this online program?
While the following browsers are able to run this online program, for the best viewing experience it is recommended that Windows and Mac users utilize Chrome.
Windows: Internet Explorer 9.0 or 10.0 or Chrome.
Mac: Safari 4.0 and above, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above, or Chrome.
iPad: Mobile Safari.
- What if I need assistance installing the Flash video player?
Should you need assistance installing the Flash video player, please click here.
- What if I need assistance installing the Adobe PDF Reader?
Should you need assistance installing the Adobe PDF Reader, please click here.
- I am experiencing problems with the video playback. What should I do?
If you are experiencing video playback problems such as the video temporarily stalling, the video freezing and not starting again, or the video restarting from the beginning, please verify that your computer meets the system/internet speed requirements by performing the “Proactive Risk Management Program System Test” located at the bottom of the Current Offerings page. (To view this page, please log in to your account.) If your system meets these requirements, please click here to submit an electronic request for assistance or call MLMIC's Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601.
- Who do I contact if I experience technical problems not answered in this FAQ section?
If your technical question regarding the online program does not appear here, please call MLMIC's Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, or click here to contact us electronically.