Contingent on region, some hospitals, medical offices and surgical facilities are permitted to resume services if the facility meets stringent regulatory requirements set forth by local, state and national authoritative and regulatory agencies. From the start, the unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 pandemic has caused confusion and stress among the medical community. To support policyholders as they resume operations, MLMIC has recorded a podcast with recommendations and key considerations for safely and effectively reopening. This episode will offer guidance, along with legal and risk management perspective, on the following:
- understanding regulatory requirements associated with COVID-19;
- recognizing resources necessary to reopen;
- developing infection control measures for protecting patients and staff;
- creating new workflows and prioritizing patient backlog; and
- identifying areas of need in anticipation for a future surge
Click “play” below to listen.
MLMIC reminds physicians to review preparation checklists, which include direction and important actions to keep in mind for reopening. We will continue to keep policyholders informed of all pandemic-related developments on our dedicated resource page and via our 24/7 hotline.
You have been subscribed.
There was a problem submitting the form, please reload the page and try again.
Call 1-800-ASK-MLMIC or arrange a future call at a time convenient for you.