MLMIC reminds policyholders about its 2018 Healthcare Law Review Webinar on Thursday, June 14, at 10:30 a.m. To participate, please register online here.
This 60-minute complimentary webinar, offered by MLMIC in conjunction with The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) and Fager Amsler Keller and Schoppmann (FAKS), will provide an overview of recent legal developments that impact healthcare delivery, with a special focus on Lavern’s Law.
During the webinar, an attorney from FAKS will cover:
- the effects of Lavern’s Law, including extended statute of limitations for failure to diagnose cancer;
- expansion of possible venues where a lawsuit can be filed;
- recent court decisions involving a physician’s duty to non-patients, wrongful birth, continuous treatment, discovery of Facebook accounts, discrimination in the workplace and liability of resident physicians;
- treatment guidelines for prescription of antibiotics to adult and pediatric patients; and
- risks of altering information in a patient’s medical record.
New York State is one of the most challenging venues for the practice of medicine, and recent legislative and case law developments have made liability concerns even greater for healthcare providers and facilities. Maintaining awareness of these changes and applying strategies to mitigate risks may assist in reducing liability exposures and help protect you and your organization.