NOTICE: As the Berkshire Hathaway transaction has progressed, timelines and other details have been updated. Though accurate at the time of publication, this post no longer contains the most current information. Please click here for an update.
The Fall 2016 issue of Dateline – the newsletter for MLMIC-insured physicians and facilities –is now available online. You can access it here. It contains several articles, including:
- a cover story about consequences related to alteration of medical records;
- a case study in which the authenticity and credibility of a patient’s medical record were in question;
- recommendations and resources to help policyholders create welcoming clinical environments for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients;
- a perspective on the benefits of a long-term relationship with your medical malpractice insurance carrier; and
- risk management tips for reducing the risk of the “copy and paste” function the electronic health records (EHRs).
In addition, the Fall 2016 Dateline contains a summary – in the form of a Q&A – of the definitive agreement between MLMIC and National Indemnity Company (a Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., subsidiary). Policyholders can watch for print copies in their mail starting this week.