The latest issue of Dateline – the newsletter for MLMIC-insured physicians and facilities –is now available online. You can access the Spring 2016 edition here. It contains several insightful articles, including:
- a reminder about this year’s 20% dividend,
- a cover story about the use of summary judgment in a medical malpractice case,
- recommendations for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,
- a case study about failure to provide a sign language interpreter,
- a legal update on liability related to patients who have compromised driving ability due to medication side effects and
- an underwriting update: “How important is an insurer’s financials to its insureds?”
In addition, the Spring 2016 Dateline features risk management tips and a list of updated library resources. Policyholders can watch for print copies in their mail starting this week.