The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) has updated its original guidance for physicians interested in providing the COVID-19 vaccine in their practice or clinic. As communicated by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY), NYSDOH outlined the necessary steps to begin the required registration to administer the COVID-19 vaccine in a November 19, 2020 webinar.
Policyholders are strongly encouraged to stream the presentation, which includes details on the following:
- how to register in the NYS Immunization Information System and NYSIIS Administrative User Training, including specific instruction for registration in the Citywide Immunization Registry for health providers located in New York City;
- how to enroll in the COVID-19 Vaccine Program, which will be implemented in a phased approach. MSSNY reports that physicians, healthcare providers and organizations will receive notification from NYS once they are enrolled; and
- how to order, receive and administer the vaccine once it is available, as well as instructions for maintaining inventory and completing data exchange.
MLMIC’s insureds are advised to stay updated on procedures related to the COVID-19 vaccine and emerging evidence on the safety and efficacy of the immunization.
- Amid the Pandemic, Officials Aim to Reduce Seasonal Flu Rates with Increased Vaccine Production, a blog post on increased flu vaccine production to mitigate the dual impact of COVID-19 and influenza;
- FDA Grants an EUA for Bamlanivimab to Treat COVID-19 Patients Who Meet Certain Criteria, a blog post on an Emergency Use Authorization for bamlanivimab to treat mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adult and pediatric patients; and
- Prediction Tools to Manage and Treat COVID-19, a blog post with a summary of predictive models used to inform care for COVID-19 patients.