The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every aspect of our personal and professional lives, and that’s especially true in the world of healthcare. To explore the effects on medical professional liability, HANYS is hosting a webinar at noon on March 9. Representatives of MLMIC Insurance Company, the MedPro Group and Mercado May-Skinner will discuss current trends and offer insight into anticipated changes to the litigation environment as we emerge from the pandemic.
Featured speakers include:
- Tim Krieg, Chief Operations Officer, MLMIC Insurance Company;
- Jeffrey Gerson, Vice President of Claims , Princeton-Northeast, MedPro Group;
- Nancy May-Skinner, Esq., Mercado May-Skinner; and
- Moderator: Bill Fellner, Assistant Vice President, Business Development, MLMIC Insurance Company.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- identify the professional liability trends facing the healthcare industry prior to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- describe the pandemic’s effect upon professional liability trends in New York and around the nation;
- recognize the implications of recent appellate cases upon healthcare liability; and
- discuss the anticipated future of professional liability claims as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This event is open to HANYS members and non-members. Policyholders can sign up for this event via the webinar registration form. Please contact registration support (firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-431-7867) with any questions.