MLMIC’s Fall 2016 Dateline is Available Online
September 28, 2016 6:50 am
The Fall 2016 issue of Dateline – the newsletter for MLMIC-insured physicians and facilities –is now available online. You can access it here. It contains several articles, including:
- a cover story about consequences related to alteration of medical records;
- a case study in which the authenticity and credibility of a patient’s medical record were in question;
- recommendations and resources to help policyholders create welcoming clinical environments for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients;
- a perspective on the benefits of a long-term relationship with your medical malpractice insurance carrier; and
- risk management tips for reducing the risk of the “copy and paste” function the electronic health records (EHRs).
In addition, the Fall 2016 Dateline contains a summary – in the form of a Q&A – of the definitive agreement between MLMIC and National Indemnity Company (a Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., subsidiary). Policyholders can watch for print copies in their mail starting this week.