MLMIC to Participate in 72nd PostGraduate Assembly in Anesthesiology
On December 7-11, 2018, MLMIC will participate in the 72nd PostGraduate Assembly in Anesthesiology. Hosted by the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists (NYSSA) at the New York Marriott Marquis, the annual five-day event attracts thousands of attendees from around the world and includes over 200 sessions, lectures and workshops. As a supporter of the event, MLMIC will have an exhibit at Booth 107 and deliver a talk on legal challenges and malpractice trends specific to anesthesiologists.
The focus session offered by MLMIC – “Insight Into the Legal Process and Malpractice Claims” – takes place on Saturday, December 8, at 3:45 p.m. It features MLMIC Services President Michael Schoppmann, Esq., who will review a data analysis of top claims against anesthesiologists, and Professor Scott Groudine, MD, who will discuss the role and responsibilities of being a medical malpractice expert. The presentation will help participants understand a number of factors, including:
- top claims against anesthesiologists,
- key areas of risk in anesthesiology that can result in patient injury and subsequent malpractice claims,
- strategies to reduce liability exposure and improve the defensibility of claims,
- what is involved in becoming a medical expert and
- the role of a medical expert in our adversarial legal system.
MLMIC is proud to be part of the 72nd PostGraduate Assembly in Anesthesiology, an event the NYSSA has grown into a “global platform for networking and presenting anesthesia’s latest science and technologies.” Visit the PGA72 website for details.