MLMIC and HANYS Offer Webinar on Effective Use and Supervision of Advanced Practice Providers
Enrollment is currently open for “Effective Use and Supervision of Advanced Practice Providers (APPs),” a complimentary webinar to be offered by HANYS and MLMIC on Thursday, March 28, from noon to 1 p.m.
With the demand for healthcare outpacing the number of available physicians and the aging of the American population, patient care is increasingly provided by APPs in a wide variety of healthcare settings. According to recent research projections, two-thirds of the healthcare providers joining the U.S. workforce by 2030 will be nurse practitioners (NPs) or physician assistants (PAs). In fact, the combined number of NPs and PAs per 100 physicians will nearly double from 2016 to 2030, with the largest influx in primary care.
This growth in the use of APPs has led to litigation associated with their care. Allegations arise from direct patient care by APPs, as well as from the supervision of these providers by physicians and healthcare organizations. This presentation will address the scope of practice and liability risks associated with supervising advanced practice providers, and offer best practices to reduce the potential of claims associated with their care.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- differentiate the scope of practice for NPs and PAs;
- interpret MLMIC claims data for APPs;
- evaluate the common allegations asserted in medical malpractice cases that include APPs; and
- apply risk management principles and best practices to mitigate the risks of supervising these professionals.
Speakers for this webinar are:
- Michael M. Marin, MD, Risk Management Consultant, MLMIC Insurance Company
- Thomas R. Gray, Esq., Senior Vice President, MLMIC Services, Inc.
You have been subscribed.
There was a problem submitting the form, please reload the page and try again.
Call 1-800-ASK-MLMIC or arrange a future call at a time convenient for you.