UPDATE –> As the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve and place great demand on healthcare organizations, we have postponed this event to focus resources on the immediate needs of our policyholders who continue to serve their communities. We do not have a date for rescheduling at this time, but we will revisit the event and provide updates when it becomes appropriate to do so.
Registration is now open for “Managing Your Social Media Presence,” a complimentary webinar hosted by MLMIC and HANYS. Join us on Tuesday, March 24, at noon for this hour-long discussion on the benefits of using social media in healthcare and managing risks associated with the use of these platforms. MLMIC Insurance Company President Michael J. Schoppmann, Esq., will share strategies to help healthcare providers market their services while addressing concerns related to advertising, breaches of patient confidentiality, negative online reviews and more.
Topics to be discussed include:
- current use of social media in healthcare;
- positive aspects and pitfalls of social media;
- appropriate use of social media in marketing;
- approaches to negative patient reviews posted online;
- potential legal implications of social media on patient privacy and confidentiality; and
- strategies to develop and monitor social media policies.
Please register online.