For a few years now, we’ve been in what some would call “a heavy news cycle” when it comes to sweeping changes in healthcare. Some of those changes are at the federal level, and others are particular to New York State, such as proposed extension of the statute of limitation on claims or potential volatility in our competitive landscape. How do you know what impacts your own practice? How does it affect how you manage risks and expenses?
Our simple answer is this: let us continue to help you through healthcare and industry shifts. Of course, any amount of change can sometimes cause concern among practicing physicians and dentists, and so we wanted to take a moment to let you know some of the ways MLMIC acts as a resource and a partner with our policyholders:
- We’ve maintained our financial strength through decades of changes in the industry. In fact, MLMIC often has sufficient resources to award annual dividends to our policyholders.
- MLMIC takes great care to stay on top of industry developments. We keep a close eye on the influences that affect not only the health of our industry but also the bottom lines of hospitals, physicians and dentists in New York.
- We advocate on behalf of policyholders, lobbying for reform as necessary to alleviate issues that plague healthcare professionals.
- We share with you key factors that impact how you manage risk in your practices, and we use all of our resources to do so, including publications like Dateline, online assets like this blog and correspondence via email and standard mail.
- We’re not only the largest writer of medical professional liability insurance in the State of New York but we’ve also successfully defended more New York physicians than any other New York insurer.
Even though MLMIC is vigilant and attentive in matters affecting your liability risks, it’s likely you’ll still have questions from time to time about something you hear or read. In those cases, whether we’ve already covered it or not, please reach out. We’re always happy to discuss what’s on your mind!