MLMIC Insurance Company is based in New York state and has specialized in providing professional liability for NY physicians since 1975. After operating independently and as a mutual insurance company for most of its existence, MLMIC was purchased by Berkshire Hathaway in the fall of 2018.
We continue to be the most significant writer of professional medical liability insurance in the State of New York. We provide insurance for physicians, dentists, and hospitals.
We offer a competitive salary for qualified candidates, with the flexibility to work remotely from home while utilizing our offices when necessary.
We have offices in New York City, East Meadow, Syracuse, and Colonie.
(Position is based in Syracuse, NY)
- Responsible for new case setups, coverage analysis, and submission of letters to policyholders.
- Responsible for file management, including reserve analysis, attorney compliance, expert reviews and Microsoft Outlook activities.
- Diaries and file management for ongoing liability, causation determination, evaluation of damages, and attorney compliance.
- Participation in case resolutions, conferencing, mini claims, mediation, and trials.
- Processes billing, including adjudication of vendor invoices.
- Limited travel to court proceedings is required. Applicant will be required to reside within 30 miles of assigned work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Healthcare preferred.
- Casualty & Property Adjuster License – Required.
- 1 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Professional Liability Insurance preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational and planning skills are required.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Generous Holiday Program
- Vision Insurance
Full-time Regular Monday to Friday
Primary Location: Remote Work Location: Remote/occasionally onsite Syracuse NY area.
MLMIC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.