Senior Software Architect
MLMIC Insurance Company is based in New York state and has specialized in providing professional liability for NY physicians since 1975. After operating independently and as a mutual insurance company for most of its existence, MLMIC was purchased by Berkshire Hathaway in the fall of 2018.
We continue to be the largest writer of professional medical liability insurance in the State of New York. We insure physicians, dentists, and hospitals. We are currently seeking a candidate to join our IT Department. We offer a competitive salary for qualified candidates with the flexibility to work remotely from home, while utilizing our offices when necessary. We have offices based in New York City, East Meadow, Syracuse, and Latham.
- Lead on technical projects assigned from requirements to implementation
- Work across multiple I.T. teams based upon project prioritization
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges and by continually researching best practices in coding
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- 5-7+ years of experience with Oracle SQL / PLSQL
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements and triage problems
- Experienced working both individually as well as part of a team
- Attitude and willingness to learn new toolsets
- 5-7 years of experience designing and implementing software applications
- Professional programs certification in Java and others is strongly preferred
- Experience working on large-scale software projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
- Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
- Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
- Experience designing secure software systems based upon industry-specific specifications
To apply for this position, please apply online or submit your resume to Gabriella Alaimo at email@example.com.