New York State dentists are invited to join us for three upcoming webinars covering common liability risks, employment law and defensive dentistry. Read the event details below and be sure to check the eligibility under the description — some events are only open to members of certain New York State dental societies.
Don’t miss your chance. Register now for these informative webinars.
An Ounce of Prevention: Preparing for the Most Common Liability Risks in Dentistry
Queens County Dental Society
April 6, 2021 | 7:00-9:00 pm
Join us as an attorney and a risk management consultant present the most common professional liability claims in dentistry and offer strategies to mitigate those risks. Upon completion of this program, dentists will be able to:
- understand the basic tenets of dental professional liability;
- identify the most common professional liability claims asserted against dentists;
- implement risk management strategies to reduce the risk of claims;
- apply strategies to effectively address difficult patients;
- and formulate effective social media strategies for your practice.
This webinar is open to everyone. (Registration is no longer open for this event.)
Risk Management Series: Select Topics in Employment Law for Dental Practices
Third/Fourth District Dental Society
April 13, 2021 | 6:30-7:30 pm
This presentation provides an overview of common issues that arise in small businesses, for example:
- case studies in various dental practices;
- various types of employment-related claims;
- the jurisdiction and investigatory processes of the EEOC and NYS Division of Human Rights;
- and best practices for dental offices for mitigating and avoiding claims, including compliance with the requirements to provide Paid Sick Leave and employees qualifying for Paid Family Leave due to COVID.
This webinar is open to members of the Third and Fourth District Dental Societies. (Registration is no longer open for this event.)
Professional Liability and Defensive Dentistry
New York County Dental Society
April 14, 2021 | 7:00-8:00 pm
CE hours: 1
This presentation will cover many real-world experiences in the dental office, such as:
- establishing a dentist-patient relationship;
- documentation, including informed consent;
- how to handle a dissatisfied patient;
- dealing with unanticipated outcomes;
- patients with special needs;
- and how to discharge a patient from care.
This webinar is open to members of the New York County Dental Society. (Registration is no longer open for this event.)