Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP (FAKS), counsel to MLMIC, offers a wide variety of legal services to MLMIC insureds, as a valued added benefit to your coverage.
- Answers to health law questions
- Guidance on risk management issues
- Resources to deal with complex medical-legal challenges
FAKS attorneys perform thousands of hours of professional liability services per year, and are uniquely qualified to assess medical-legal issues and provide counsel to minimize liability exposure.
In addition to defending MLMIC policyholders, legal services can assist with:
- Reviewing correspondence from attorneys or governmental agencies and providing counsel concerning appropriate response
- Reviewing subpoenas issued by attorneys, the courts or administrative agencies, and answering questions concerning those subpoenas. (When testimony is required, they may also accompany and represent the physician or healthcare provider)
- Reviewing and preparing a variety of healthcare-related medical-legal documents, including but not limited to consents, forms, memoranda, policy and procedures, and general releases
- Providing representation in a variety of court and administrative proceedings, including defense of medical malpractice claims in state, city and lower courts
- Navigating the pitfalls of EMR and HIPAA
- Providing up-to-date articles, publications, presentations and information on the hottest medical-legal topics affecting healthcare providers
We can also help with addressing difficult patients as well as a variety of other office-related risk management, regulatory and compliance issues.
FAKS attorneys have obtained early resolutions of professional liability matters in hundreds of cases based on issues including statute of limitations, improper party and failure to establish liability. They also have a staff of appellate attorneys well versed in appellate practice and experienced in both New York state and Federal appellate courts.
MLMIC policyholders can access 24/7 legal support by calling (855) FAKS-LAW. Or, email hotline@FAKSLAW.com.
Not a MLMIC member? Get a quote.