MLMIC Legal 24/7
As a value-added benefit to coverage, MLMIC insureds have 24/7 access to experienced, knowledgeable healthcare attorneys from Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP (FAKS).
MLMIC policyholders gain the advantage of a wide variety of specialized legal resources and services for no additional cost, including:
- 24/7 assistance with legal emergencies
- Leading representation in court and administrative proceedings
- Expert guidance on risk management issues
- Ongoing education on important medical-legal topics affecting healthcare providers
- Custom-designed templates, forms and other medical-legal documents
MLMIC members can reach our 24/7 member-only legal support services by calling (855) FAKS-LAW or emailing hotline@FAKSLAW.com.
FAKS attorneys are exclusively dedicated to healthcare law, performing thousands of hours of professional liability services per year. They are uniquely qualified to assess medical-legal issues and provide counsel to minimize liability exposure.
MLMIC legal services can also assist with:
- Reviewing correspondence from attorneys or governmental agencies and providing counsel concerning appropriate response
- Reviewing subpoenas issued by attorneys, the courts or administrative agencies and answering questions concerning those subpoenas (When testimony is required, they may also accompany and represent the physician or healthcare provider)
- Reviewing and preparing a variety of healthcare-related medical-legal documents, including but not limited to consents, forms, memoranda, policy and procedures, and general releases
- Providing representation in a variety of court and administrative proceedings, including defense of medical malpractice claims in state, city and lower courts
- Navigating the pitfalls of EMR and HIPAA
- Providing up-to-date articles, publications, presentations and information on the hottest medical-legal topics affecting healthcare providers
FAKS attorneys have obtained early resolutions of professional liability matters in hundreds of cases based on issues including statute of limitations, improper party and failure to establish liability. They also have a staff of appellate attorneys well versed in appellate practice and experienced in both New York state and federal appellate courts.
Not a MLMIC member? Get a quote.
Services provided by MLMIC Legal 24/7 are not intended for general legal inquiries and may be reserved for issues incorporating or associated with MLMIC coverage.