Showing 100 results for: medication error
Sort by: Relevance | Date
- ISMP Releases Top 10 Medication Errors & Hazards 2020
January 29, 2020 … ISMP says its list of “Top 10 Medication Errors and Hazards” should be addressed when developing a 2020 medication safety improvement plan.
- Medication Error Conviction Impacts Patient Safety
April 18, 2022 … A recent medication error conviction raises important questions about electronic device management, alert overrides and provider burnout.
- Top Medication Errors and Hazards for 2021 from ISMP
March 2, 2021 … The top medication errors and hazards for 2021 can be prevented with focused attention and prioritization, according to ISMP.
- Increased Risk of Medical Error: MLMIC Examines Factors
May 18, 2022 … Increased risk of medical errors can stem from medication mistakes, lack of communication and workplace distractions.
- Medication Safety Webinar Presented by MLMIC and HANYS
September 12, 2022 … This medication safety webinar will cover leading factors that contribute to medication error malpractice claims and how to limit risk
- Preventable Medication Errors Caused by the Pandemic
September 8, 2020 … Preventable medication errors caused by the pandemic can be avoided by implementing safeguards that idenitfy possible adverse events in advance.
- Preventing COVID-19 Vaccine Error: ISMP Safe Practices
January 20, 2021 … Preventing COVID-19 Vaccine Error: ISMP's safe practices to help avoid adverse events associated with distribution and administration
- Addressing Common Medication Safety Errors
March 11, 2020 … ISMP says its list of medication saftey best practices for hospitals should be adopted to prevent errors that continue to impact patient safety.
- Managing Medication Samples: Risk Management Tip
July 1, 2020 … Medication samples are widely used in a physician’s office. A standard process should be in place for proper handling, storage, and disposal.
- Risk Management Checklists for Medication Management
May 20, 2020 … Risk management checklists for medication management, including how to manage samples and how to promote patient adherence.