Showing 60 results for: medication error
Sort by: Relevance | Date
- "Copy and Paste" in the EHR: How to Protect Yourself from Risk
September 13, 2023 … The copy and paste function in the EHR poses significant risks for physicians. MLMIC offers guidance to protect yourself.
- How Lack of Informed Consent Could Result in a Battery Claim
June 26, 2023 … In this case study, MLMIC examines the distinction between battery and lack of informed consent in present-day professional liability cases.
- Medication Safety Webinar Presented by MLMIC and HANYS
September 12, 2022 … This medication safety webinar will cover leading factors that contribute to medication error malpractice claims and how to limit risk
- Strategies to Promote Healthcare Worker Safety
August 12, 2022 … Healthcare worker safety is at risk due to environmental, cultural and other workplace hazards. Here's how to protect safety and reduce risk.
- Anesthesia-Related Allegations: Contributing Factors and CRNA ...
July 20, 2022 … Anesthesia-related allegations make up 88% of claims, study finds. MLMIC highlights litigation and risk management issues.
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence Impact Patient Care
July 8, 2022 … Health literacy and cultural competence are aspects of clinical communication that can affect healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Considerations for Selling or Closing a Medical Practice
May 24, 2022 … MLMIC outlines basic procedural principles and legal concerns associated with selling or closing a medical practice.
- Increased Risk of Medical Error: MLMIC Examines Factors
May 18, 2022 … Increased risk of medical errors can stem from medication mistakes, lack of communication and workplace distractions.
- The Liability Issues of Medispa Treatment
April 27, 2022 … Medispa treatment liability issues for physicians and professional practices can include financial and professional risks.
- Medication Error Conviction Impacts Patient Safety
April 18, 2022 … A recent medication error conviction raises important questions about electronic device management, alert overrides and provider burnout.