The Fall 2019 issue of Dateline is now available online. The latest edition of this newsletter for MLMIC-insured physicians and facilities – which you can access here – contains several articles, including:
- a cover story on the risks of EHR software changes and upgrades;
- a cover story on physicians’ communication and disclosure obligations related to patients’ treatment refusal;
- a case study involving finger pointing at trial resulting in a large settlement;
- a risk management tip on the proper use of scribes;
- a summary of important facts about the Americans with Disabilities Act; and
- a reminder from NYSDOH about the opioid treatment plan requirement.
You can access full editions of the most recent newsletters in the Dateline section of our website. For a summary of past issues, click here.
Policyholders also have access to our complete archive of past Dateline issues, as well as an index of articles, at MLMIC’s secure portal.