MLMIC’s Risk Management Tips Now Available to Download
MLMIC’s Risk Management team has enhanced its resources for physicians and hospitals: you can now download newly updated risk management tips in two different ways. First, we have released the initial installment of a new brochure series. Risk Management Tips – Volume I, a 12-page PDF, contains easy-to-implement recommendations related to the following topics:
- maintaining patient confidentiality
- tracking test results
- prescription medications and patient safety
- management of medical equipment for patient care
- follow-up of missed or cancelled appointments
- managing medication samples
- safely caring for patients of size in the medical office practice
- management and documentation of after-hours telephone calls from patients
- communication with patients
- managing patients with chronic pain.
Second, each tip is also available now for individual download here. After clicking on a tip from the list, you now have the option to download it by clicking on “Download as PDF” at the bottom of each tip. For example, here’s a PDF specific to maintaining patient confidentiality.
These individual PDFs make it easy to share risk management recommendations with colleagues and other office staff as you review and reinforce policies and protocols within your practice or facility. As always, for guidance regarding a specific situation, please contact MLMIC’s Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, weekdays 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM, or click here.