MLMIC Releases New Risk Management CME Program
As part of MLMIC’s ongoing commitment to help physicians and other healthcare practitioners improve the quality of patient care and reduce potential liability exposure in their practices, a new online risk management CME program, Proactive Risk Management Follow-Up Program VII (Follow-Up VII), has been developed for its policyholders and is now available at via policyholders’ secure login at MLMIC.com.
The topics covered in this program include:
- the benefits as well as the associated liability risks of using electronic health records (EHRs) in the office practice
- the proper use of EHR features and the use of EHR data in litigation
- the key factors considered by plaintiffs’ attorneys when evaluating a potential malpractice claim
- the areas of risk commonly identified in high exposure liability cases
- follow-up procedures in the office practice and the liability risks of patient noncompliance
- recent trends in pediatric claims and the main areas of liability risk in the treatment of pediatric patients
In addition to its educational value, physicians can earn CME credits, ABIM and ABP MOC credits (if appropriate), the applicable premium credit (5%, VAP or ECPIP) and eligibility to participate in the NYS excess medical malpractice insurance program (Section 18 professional liability coverage). To view the program now, click here to log in.
Should you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact MLMIC’s Risk Management Department at (212) 576-9601, from 9 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday.